Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last Living Souls

Searching for inspiration for a writing topic, I turned to music. As I was listening to my i-pod on shuffle, the song "Last Living Souls" by Gorillaz came on. I love the band Gorillaz, mainly because they create so many unique songs, none of them are alike. Thanks for the inspiration Gorillaz!

What would it be like to be the only human being on earth for a day? I'll set a scenario: you wake up, and walk around your house to find that no one is there. You turn on t.v. ........nothing. You go to town, nobody is there, you are completely alone, what would you do?

The first thought running through my head would be to go to the local auto-dealer, perhaps to "sample" their finest car available. I would then go to a walmart and cause complete havoc (create the world's largest domino-effect with the shelves, take a louisville-slugger to the display cases, throw mannequins off the roof, the works). I suppose by the end of my utter destruction of walmart, I would probably have a large appetite. My next visit would be to a local Culvers or any fast food restaurant to eat sickening amounts of fatty foods.

Upon waking up from my food-induced coma, I would look for a new home. Why would I go to my house if I could have any place I wanted for free? Where would be the best place to sleep? I have no trouble saying that I would go to a mattress store. I could find the perfect, most expensive bed ever made, and sleep like a king.

I'm not sure if I could handle much more then a week of being completely alone. I would go mad if I couldn't see my friends or family for the rest of my life, no matter how much some of them annoy me. Complete isolation would not be fun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment