Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Joys of A.D.D.

Finals, homework, parents, and a cruddy job; all of these things make me want to go play in traffic. I must digress.
     I really have a hard time staying focused on my homework. I'll do two problems, have a thought about something completely off-topic, then completely lose concentration and my train of thought. For example, it took me like 10 minutes to write that first paragraph. I thought of a song, started singing it in my head, listened to it on my ipod, and was about to look up the music video of it before I realized I had a blog entry to finish.
    When a homework assignment doesn't interest me, I have a hard time completing it. For some reason, I like certain homework assignments. When I sit in a quiet space with no distractions, I can be very productive, depending if I have had enough sleep the night before. It seems as though this scenario is very hard to achieve. Last night I was up until 1:00 a.m. to write and research a paper. I finished three lousy paragraphs.
     My attention span is really holding me back. I am off to do more homework, wish me lu... Oooo a shiny red ball....
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh you will get through it just be patient and take breaks as needed. Never give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything, I know I have a hard time focusing and I don't have add!

    ReplyDelete